This week we took to the road…..well not really. It was only 10 minutes away from our office in Richmond. We packed up a few of our marketing items and set up shop at our booth at Mount Vernon Baptist Church in Glen Allen, VA. It was for the 195th annual meeting of the Baptist General Association of Virginia.
The three day convention allows us to share our experience with churches looking for some work on their buildings. It’s also a great opportunity to meet up with old friends. A good time for all. For architecture, it’s not a typical sales presentation but we are able to get our name out to those who may not have heard of us before.
IONIC always likes to share our trademarked VISIONEERING process with our church clients. Far too often we see churches that find the VISION but fail to put in place the ENGINEERING. In simple terms you need to have more than a pretty picture. Master planning from architects who don’t clearly illustrate the needs for their clients fail to meet ALL their expectations.
Here are a few of the 12 tips we share on the VISIONEERING PRINCIPLES.
For a more detailed list and ask plan, please reach out. We would be glad to share the full set of goal requirements for your church project.
1. Consider the Site - Making a detailed assessment of the current conditions to better plan the future.
2. The Vision - Taking your ideas and goals and determining what is possible at your facility, both financially and physically.
3. Future Growth - Properly prepare by analyzing your congregation’s growth trends, programs and age distribution.
4. Obstacles - Identifying unique opportunities and potential threats, expressed in a master plan.
5. Phases - Developing a comprehensive phased building program including renovation areas as well as new construction.
6. Design Options - Considering the site - Parking, Utility Studies, Circulation, Worship Programs, Exterior and Interior ideas and Future Needs.
7. Leadership Review - Developing a consensus on a final plan with leaders and stakeholders.
8. Timeline - Mapping out an implementation process and time frame.
9. Marketing and Fundraising - Providing illustrations and plans for utilization in capital raising campaigns.
10. Approval Process - Coordinating for both civil and building permit requirements.
11. Team - Retaining needed consultants, and handling all contractual relationships.
12. Contract Administration - Assisting in selecting local general contractors, schedules, phases, etc.
Hope this gives you some food for thought as you prepare to expand your borders and your walls. IONIC would be glad to assist you in any way possible.
IONIC Vision: Creating Places and Spaces that Enrich the Lives of Those Who Use Them.
Two offices to serve you better. Headquarters in Hampton Roads. Second office in Central Virginia.
Find out more about IONIC & our church projects
Hampton Roads Office
293 Independence Blvd. Suite 308
Virginia Beach VA 23462
Central Virginia Office
3307 Church Road, Suite 200
Richmond VA 23233